Ken Martin Audiology...
Specializes in the following evaluations, treatments, and special populations:
- Adult Hearing Evaluation: Hearing evaluations cover a wide range of test procedures and populations. Basic evaluation of pure tone air conduction and bone conduction audiometry, speech recognition, and speech discrimination are included for most adults. Many times, speech in noise testing may be included in addition to other special tests as needed.
- Hearing Instruments: A wide variety of makes and models of the most advanced hearing instruments are available for adults as treatment for hearing impairment and tinnitus (ringing of ears). We participate with various programs, insurances, and patient financing plans, which may assist with the financial aspect of hearing aids.
- Hearing Instrument Accessories: Accessories for hearing aids such as dehumidifiers, amplified phones, assistive listening devices, alerting devices, battery testers, and quality hearing aid batteries are available.
- Hearing Instrument Repair: Repair of most makes and models of hearing instruments is available.
- Middle Ear Monitoring: Objective measures of tympanometry and middle ear acoustic reflexes are available to evaluate the middle ear including the determination of middle ear fluid presence, tympanic membrane perforations, acoustic nerve function, etc.
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAEs): OAE is an objective measure of cochlear hair cell function. It is used to evaluate hearing sensitivity in infants most often, but has applications for malingering, monitoring of cochlear function due to ototoxicity, and determining site of lesion.
- Custom Earmolds, Swimplugs, Hearing Protection: Custom ear pieces are needed for hearing aid fittings, to prevent water from entering ear canals post-surgery, or to prevent outer ear infection. Custom hearing protection is also available for the comfortable prevention of noise-induced hearing loss.
- Custom Music Products: Custom professional in-ear musician's monitors are designed to help you hear accurately so you can perform at your peak. Custom earpieces for use with personal listening devices (mp3 players, etc.) are also available, along with specialized musician's earplugs for controlled protection from loud sounds.
- Disabled Population: Dr. Martin is very experienced in working with populations with disabilities. Due to long relationships with various group homes and other disability agencies, many of the directors of these programs prefer their clients to see him when necessary.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In order to keep citizens working in spite of their hearing disability, Dr. Martin has and will continue to work with different East Texas offices of vocational rehabilitation providing hearing aid evaluations and fittings.
- Occupational Hearing Conservation Follow-Up: Many industries provide hearing services and protection due to OSHA regulations. Those individuals who experience a significant change in hearing, require testing with hearing aids, or need custom hearing protection devices are referred to audiology. Dr. Martin is equipped to continue providing these services for various companies.