Get great service from a family-owned business
Our company provides residential, commercial, and industrial electrical services that include new wiring, electrical maintenance, and troubleshooting. Get services and installations for your electrical systems from our family-owned and operated business.
Turn to us for commercial help
When your business or industrial site needs electrical work, there's only one company to turn to, Gerard Electric Inc. Get the quality service that comes from over 40 years in business when you come to us.
- Lighting systems / energy efficient lighting
- Generators and back up systems
- Computer circuits and power systems
- Motor control centers
- Low voltage distribution systems
- Computer and three-phase circuits
- HVAC systems and temperature controls
- DC power plants and security systems
- 120 to 480 volt circuits
- Electronic door readers
Get all the residential help that you need
Whether you're counting on us for electrical installations, new construction electrical services, or repairs for faulty wiring and other problems, get the help you need promptly by calling our team of friendly experts.
- New construction
- Indoor wiring
- Outdoor wiring
- Power upgrades
- Electrical appliance installation
- Electrical service
- 24-hour emergency services
- FREE estimates
"Please thank John for his expertise and workmanship. The respect for a customer’s property often is missing in today’s work force. John is a great example of 'service.'" - Judy and Dave, Iowa City
"John is the best I have worked with. I am always at ease when I know John is working at my house. His honesty and conscientiousness have been proven time and again as he has completed the many service calls he has made to my residences." - Meg, Iowa City
"Thank you for the quick response for my phone needs. A special thank you to Troy for his patience during the process with the phone company. Troy and your company represent a high-quality service to be proud of. Thanks again for everything." - Michael, Iowa City
Does Your Business Have LED LIGHTING?
Why we recommend it:
- Use up to 80% less energy than traditional lighting
- Substantial Rebate potential
- Significant maintenance cost savings
- Reduced Carbon Footprint
- Up to 10X the useful life of incandescents.